Saturday, April 11, 2009

A very specific need of the Lighthouse



Here at the Lighthouse, we have been vehicle-less for quite some time, and last year staff were really praying for the means to purchase a new "kombi" or van/minibus for the house. We recently received an offering that covers 65% of the cost of a new VW minibus! That still leaves us with US$7500 to raise. Please prayerfully consider how you may be able to help the Lighthouse in this VERY practical manner. Having more than 40 people in a house and no form of transport is kind of tough, so please join us in our mission to get a minibus! :-)

If you would like to contribute from the US, you have two choices:

1) Make a tax-deductible contribution by sending a check to the following address:
YWAM
PO Box 3000
Garden Valley, TX 75771, USA

Make a note indicating that it is for YWAM Belo Horizonte - Center, Brazil, for the Lighthouse minibus fund.

The downside of donating this way is that it takes a couple of months for the money to go through the necessary process to actually end up in our hands here at the base. If you decide to donate this way, please send me an email to let me know so that we know to be expecting your donation.

2) If you don't care about being able to take a tax-deduction and would like your gift to be received immediately, you can make a wire transfer into the Lighthouse's bank account here in Brazil. Wire transfers usually cost about $50 so this is probably only worth it if you are making a larger gift. Please send me an email if you would like to donate this way and I can pass you the information regarding the bank account that you will need to make the wire transfer. That way I will also know to be watching our account so we can confirm when it comes through.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Just checking in Stef. Glad to hear you guys are getting a VW Mini Bus - will you get to drive it with your international license? Speaking of licenses I'm going to take the motorcycle safety course at PCC with two of my girlfriends so I can get my motorcycle license. Super pumped about that one!

S said...

Hey Jenna! I would be qualified to drive the minibus with my international license, as it is basically the largest vehicle one can drive without any special endorsement (I cannot drive the bus owned by the base, for example). There are also several others here qualified to drive it, so I don't know if I would end up driving it or not. I do miss driving! I am jealous about the motorcycle course - bummed I didn't get do one when home! Maybe sometime in the future...