Sunday, January 4, 2009

God of Promises (Deus de Promessas) - Fernandinho

Some of my favorite worship songs in Portuguese are by Fernandinho. I thought I would post the lyrics of some of my favorites that have been especially meaningful to me since arriving in Brazil for the first time.

This is one is a pretty common worship song and I am not sure who was the original composer.

Sei que os Teus olhos (I know that Your eyes)
Sempre atentos permanecem em mim (Are always attentively fixed on me)
E os Teus ouvidos (And your ears)
Estão sensíveis para ouvir meu clamor (Are sensitive to hear my cry)
Posso até chorar, mas alegria vem de manhã (I can even cry, but joy comes in the morning)
És Deus de perto e não de longe (You are a God who is close and not far away)
Nunca mudastes, Tu és fiel (You never change, You are faithful)

Deus de aliança (God of covenant)
Deus de promessas (God of promises)
Deus que não é homem pra mentir (God who is not a man that He should lie)
Tudo pode passar, tudo pode mudar (Everything can happen, everything can change)
Mas Tua palavra vai se cumprir (But Your word will be fulfilled)

Posso enfrentar o que for (I can face whatever may be)
Eu sei quem luta por mim (I know who fights for me)
Seus planos não podem ser frustados (His plans cannot be frustrated)
Minha esperança está nas mãos do Grande, eu sei (My hope is in the hands of the Great One, I know)
Meus olhos vão ver o impossível acontecer (My eyes will see the impossible take place)

No comments: