Saturday, September 5, 2009

I'm in Philly!

Tomorrow marks one week since I arrived in Philadelphia!

I had a great time seeing the historic stuff in the city center with my mom. It is kind of exciting and inspiring to be in a city where much of our nation's history was shaped.

I was in a temporary dorm room while my permanent room was being refinished, and now have just finished moving in! It's an old building with beautiful hardwood floors and there's even a fireplace in my room...though we can't use it.

It's easy to get to the city via public transit but EXPENSIVE!!! The part of town I am in is so spread out that the nearest grocery store is a 1.5 mile walk, but the actual city center is very easy to navigate on foot.

I had orientation on Wednesday and got to meet fellow incoming students - really a diverse group, at least in terms of age, gender, and race. Classes start on Tuesday!

No comments: